3 bean chili recipe
3 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons all purpose gluten free flour 3/4 cup of dry brown or green lentils
1 can black beans
1 can red beans or pinto beans
One 28-oz can of diced tomatoes, with juice 1 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
4 cups water
1 large onion, chopped
6 cloves to 1 whole bulb of garlic
1/2 cup green peppers, diced
1 cup peeled and chopped winter squash (kabocha, butternut, delicata, or acorn)
1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons ground ancho chili 2 tablespoons ground coriander 2 tablespoons powdered cumin
1 tablespoon granulated onion
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons basil
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Heat a large pot on medium-low heat and add the oil and flour. Mix and cook flour for about 5 minutes making sure it does not burn.
2. Add vegetables and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add all spices except salt and cook a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir.
4. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low heat and cover. 5. Gently cook for a minimum of 30 minutes stirring every 8-10 minutes making sure it does not stick.
6. Add salt and cook for 10 more minutes. Also add more water if needed 1/2 cup at a time.
7. Chili tastes better the longer it sits. Adjust seasoning as desired.